Friday, November 20, 2009

You Are Poisoning My Well of Life

In all my battles in Usenet, one thing that has become abundantly clear to me is the following: Some people love gossip and will not hesitate to insult a person without checking to see if the information stated about that person is true or if its source is reliable.

There is a concept called "poisoning the well." One person starts a rumor and it is picked up by others. Soon it is taken up by still others and pretty soon it is treated as fact. These "facts" are soon spread and an on-line character is created with these "attributes" that takes on a life of its own. (My character is named "Blobbi").

Those of you who like to Google a person's name to see if they are "worthy" of your business or interaction, beware of this misuse. You are being used as an instrument of destruction by sadistic people who would seek to crush others' lives. I don't think you mean to hurt others. You are simply trying to protect yourself from unwanted pain and legal entanglements. All I ask of you is to keep an open mind. If you see or hear something derogatory about me or anyone else, ASK questions!!! Do a little digging and find out why this is being said. Don't take unknown resources as gospel truth. To do so without trying to find the truth is to help others commit libel.

I am not gay.
I am not a racist.
I am not unemployed.
I do not have bestiality fantasies.
I am an honorable discharged US army veteran.
I am good at what I do and typing errors make me human not a monster.

I have always believed that humanity is basically good and if given the chance, they will do the right thing. Please don't prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment